Arlan W. Fuhr, DC, Founder and Chairman of Activator Methods International, is the co-inventor of the Activator Adjusting Instrument and the Activator Method Chiropractic Technique. Established nearly 50 years ago, the Activator Method is the world’s most widely used instrument adjusting chiropractic technique and is currently in use by more than 70 percent of all chiropractors. Endorsed throughout the chiropractic field, the Activator Method is taught in nearly every college in the United States and abroad, as well as in professional seminars throughout the year.
Dr. Fuhr is part of an esteemed group of healthcare and business professionals noted for their outstanding contributions to the international advancement of chiropractic. In 2000, Dr. Fuhr became a select member of the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine. He has been recognized by the World Federation of Chiropractic with its prestigious Honour Award and, in 2012, was selected as the World Health Organization’s delegate representing the World Federation of Chiropractic. Other honors include:
- Parker Seminars Humanitarian Award, 2015
- Appreciation for Advances in Education and Research by the Association of Chiropractic Colleges, 2015
- Commitment to Excellence in Chiropractic and Chiropractic Education, Logan University, 2015
- Person of the Year, Dynamic Chiropractic, 2006
- President’s Award, American Chiropractic Association, 2005
- Clinical Excellence in Technique, Greenawalt Foundation, 2004
- Chiropractor of the Year, Arizona Association of Chiropractic, 1993
- Daniel David Palmer Chiropractic Scientific Award, 1993
- Named Fellow, Palmer West Academy, Palmer College of Chiropractic West, Sunnyvale, California, 1991
- Member, Board of Trustees, Logan University, St. Louis, Missouri, 1981 – 1991
Educating chiropractors across the world on the benefits of low-force chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Fuhr’s speaking and teaching engagements have included stops in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom, as well as overseeing a full slate of AMI training seminars in the U.S. and Canada.
Activator has been the subject of more than 150 peer-reviewed papers and 23 clinical trials. Dr. Fuhr holds13 domestic patents, 47 worldwide trademarks and more than 100 copyrighted works. In 2008, he published the second edition of the technique textbook, The Activator Method, globally acknowledged as the standard reference for instrument adjusting.
A native of Minnesota, Dr. Arlan W. Fuhr received his chiropractic training at Logan University. He is married to Activator CEO Judi Fuhr and resides in Chandler, Arizona.